With the media of drama education I want to give the participants of my courses the opportunity to localise their personal topics and stories (of repression) in a sociopolitical context. An opportunity to experience them in new dimensions on stage and to realize alternative options for action.
My service is aimed at…
- people who experienced disability or who are threatened by it
- people who are affected by social exlusion
- adults, adolescents or multipliers (e.g. teachers, social workers, or the like in training or working life)
Target groups, I’ve already worked with:
(International) students, self-help groups, trainees, adolescents and children from 6 years of age.
The time design is possible in a weekly, two-hour, one-day or several days course. The concept can be adapted to the amount of participants and to your possibilities.
Theatre-forms I can offer for developing the previous topics:
- biographical theatre
- forms of post-dramatic theatre and performance art: e.g. choral theatre, narrative theatre and dealing with language in a creative way
- forms of Theatre of the Opressed according to Augusto Boal, e.g. Forum Theatre
- physical theatre
- “Theater Direkt” (instant theatre) and scenic writing according to Lorenz Hippe
- basics in playing with masks
Those categories shouldn’t be considered delimited from one another, but especially have an effect in their simultaneousness. They work without hierarchies and allow collective, democratic working processes. In this way the theatre workshop becomes a room for social criticism and utopia.